Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Mon Ami

It has been a long time since I last blogged due to my much-dreaded affair with dissertation. Wednesdays are good days to blog especially after my Akido trainings which leaves me with great clarity of mind to write about things. But anyway, blogging is given a pretty low importance in consideration of other priorities:

1) Last year to have fun
2) Travel (on going)
3) Hang out with bro, parents and friends
4) Swim (on going)
5) Watch movies (on going)
6) Sort my 123412341234 travel photos (in progress)
7) Learning Akido (in progress)
8) Learning how to drive a boat (done!)
9) Learn diving (in progress)
10) Tennis
11) Advance my guitar skills
12) Learn piano
13) Learn Rhino (in progress)
14) Learn Maxwell
15) Dissertation (good riddance)
16) Pursue film interest (in progress)
17) Thesis research (in progress)
18) Play computer games (on going)
19) Make a new notebook and photo frame
20) Update portfolio
21) Read all my books
22) Daydreaming while staring at the clouds float pass my window
23) Blog

However, getting involved with nuSTUDIOS film school activities recently got me all fired up with my long passion for film-making and I decided to dig out all my pass works to smile geekily at myself while viewing them.

Mon Ami is a short story I did with my co-director YZ in 2001 after my JC examination for VJC. It was my first time trying with the narrative since usually I am more concerned with cinematography due to my AEP training. The result was pretty amateurish given that the whole thing was shot without a script and everything was impromptu. We only had a general idea that it would be a romantic comedy about a girl who had confidence issues in finding her dreams as an actress, and her magical relationship with her imaginary friend. The shooting took 3 days with another 3 days of editing and even thou our friends had no experience in theatrics, they were game enough to give acting a try. The whole experience was great fun and to top it off, we won an outstanding award for the Nationals schools video competition even thou we failed to clear the copyrighted music.

Mon Ami from tefallenangel on Vimeo.

No comments: